BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 19, 2011

St. Lucia Carnival - Toya's I'm Not Sure


And I continue with more local music!

Written and produced by award winning songwriter and producer Courtney "Curty" Louis for Stratosphere Music/ Dutch Productions I'm Not Sure is an anthem for independent women who sometimes get caught up in a love that hurts more than it feels good.

"I'm not sure baby/ I caan take no more/ I want you to know baby/ Every time I cry it's because of you" Breathing life into the track is Toya -- a relative newcomer to competition although she has been a fixture at a number of musical tents providing background vocals to everything from calypso to soca. Her voice is strong on I'm Not Sure entreating her man to treat her better because she is 'tired, fed up" and "caan take no more." The music is designed to make you hear and feel that pain with an interlude that allows Toya to belt out the true measure of an independent woman -- confidence! Wait and listen for it and understand that even in hurt a woman comes back because "sometimes I feel so lost but you can always find me"

0 comments: