BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

La Haut Plantation - St. Lucia





During summer 2010 there was a local promotion in St. Lucia which was called "Staycation", where locals would get incredible deals on rooms at our local resorts/hotels/motels etc. With all the stress I had going on with work especially, I decided that I needed a weekend away from it all. Three days, two nights away from family, friends, basically the whole world excluding my boo of course.


I then looked through the booklet which contained all the establishments who were offering the great discounts. After sending numerous emails and receiving numerous quotations we decided to go with La Haut Plantation as their price was unbeatable! Not only was it extremely cheap but it also included full breakfast on both days, taxes and a complimentary cocktail.

When we finally arrived (extremely late I might add) we were so tired from the long trip from Castries to Soufriere that we just settled in and went to bed. When the sun came up the next morning boy was I amazed! The room I thought we would receive was nowhere close to what we had gotten. It was absolutely SUPERB! The view was breathtaking as it was of our famous pitons as well as the Soufriere town below us.

There were a few rough patches, like the distance between our room and the restaurant and front desk and the rooms not having telephones made it even more difficult. We did not get to enjoy the pool or much of anything except the room but it was all I needed.

I'm definitely looking forward to going back again soon, but this time I hope to experience everything we didn't and more!

P.S. I'm hoping "Staycation" comes back again this summer! I will definitely take advantage if it is offered again this year.

0 comments: