BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 24, 2011

June 23rd St. Lucia Public Holiday


Yesterday was a public holiday in St. Lucia and I enjoyed it to the max! It was marked as Corpus Christi which obviously is a religious holiday. Thankfully my best friend and I do not work on holidays. Though I had to wake up pretty early I was determined to have fun with her. I usually stay at home, watch television and rest on public holidays and sometimes on the weekend as well.


We decided late on Wednesday evening that we would make it an early beach day since we both dislike crowds at the beach. I left home at approximately 9:15am and we were on our journey to find breakfast before heading to the beach. To our dismay, many places including supermarkets were not opened but our last resort was Rituals Coffee House which was opened. As a result of the coffee house being the only place opened at the time there was a long line but we were too hungry and impatient to go and search for another place.

After we got our breakfast which was about twenty minutes later we headed to Pigeon Island where we were not quite happy to see it was already crowded and fishermen were pulling in their nets with fish and even a turtle, which they had to place back at sea. We then decided to go the other end of the beach (which happens to be near my workplace) only to realize that there would soon be crowded as well. We were very adventurous so we went to another beach which was not to our liking as the beach was not looking inviting at all. We then went to one more beach which we found even more crowded than the others and were not happy at all. Our last resort was Vigie beach which is less than ten minutes away from our homes.

Vigie beach was less crowded so we decided to stay. The water was extremely cold but I enjoyed it anyway. Bare in mind that I am not a beach person and had not gone to the beach to bathe in what seems like forever. My best friend and I spent some quality time together for the first time in a long time due to our hectic schedules. We are looking forward to spend another public holiday on the beach again.

0 comments: