BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sweet Aaliyah Dana Haughton


I am currently watching/listening to as many of Aaliyah's videos/songs as I can get my hands on. Her music touched me in so many ways as a teenager. 4 Page Letter gave me the courage to write my feelings for a boy on paper. One In A Million made me hope to find that special guy who would love me like no other. Try Again made me dust myself off and try again if I failed at something. We Need A Resolution made me a little wiser about disputes in relationships. More Than A Woman gave me the strength and courage to be a great woman. Then, Rock The Boat continues to this day to make me shed tears for her, as this was the last music video she made before her tragic plane crash.

You touched so many lives with your great music and your classic appeal. She was beautiful, smart and a great dancer. It's just a shame that all that talent had to be taken away from us at such a young age, but God always knows best.

Aaliyah Dana Haughton, you were an angel on earth. Continue to rest in paradise with God and the angels in heaven. We continue to miss you as if it were yesterday, more than a decade later.

I will forever listen to your songs and watch your videos because I was truly one of your biggest fans!

0 comments: