BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Teyana Taylor



I never knew who Teyana Taylor was until I joined twitter. Hey, I live in the Caribbean so I can't keep track of all American artists. But anyway, I've been listening to her tracks ever since and I am quite impressed. Wish I could see her on BET maybe other people would appreciate her sound and style too!

So this is what I know about Teyana for those who are not familiar with her:

Teyana M.J. Taylor (born December 10, 1990) is an American socialite, singer, rapper, choreographer and dancer from Harlem, New York. She is signed to Star Trak Entertainment and is most notable for her debut single, "Google Me".

Life and career

Taylor's first brush with fame came about when she was featured on MTV's "My Super Sweet 16" in 2007. A protége of Pharrell, she signed to Star Trak Entertainment in 2007. She appeared in Jay-Z's "Blue Magic" in October of 2007 and her debut single, "Google Me," was released by Star Trak in February of 2008. She is of Afro-Trinidadian and Native American decent. Taylor's debut album is called From a Planet Called Harlem. From her website:

"With production from sonic architects like Jazze Pha, Pharrell, Mad Scientist, Frost, Shondre and Hit Boy, Teyana's first solo offering has the rumblings of a party-pumping earthquake. The mix of throwback break beats, futuristic boom bap, and melodic renderings is the perfect backdrop for the starlet's musical mayhem."

She has not announced a release date.

Although she has yet to release a full length album, she has recorded a number of singles. "complicated," "Hit My Jack Up," "Google Me," and "Traffic stop" can be heard on her MySpace Music site.

Discography

Singles

  • "Google Me" (2008)
  • "I Get Crazy Remix"(2009)
Keep Up The Good Work TT and hope to buy your album in the near future! Much love to you girl!

0 comments: