BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Monica & Rocko No More?


I read the article below at http://www.therundown.tv

Two weeks ago, Monica revealed on Twitter that she and Atlanta rapper Rocko, her fiancée of five years, had broken up. While prepping the release of her fifth album, Still Standing, Monica opened up to VIBE recently about the break-up and why she used Twitter as her medium.

The following series of messages posted to her account, @Monicamylife, on March 11:

“Thank you everyone for all the love your sending. @Rocko4Real is a great father and we will continue to love and parent our children . The rest is a private matter between @Rocko4Real and I. He is a good person. We all make mistakes. Even seperated we will always be family…”

The couple had been together off and on for 10 years and have two sons together.

“I chose Twitter as a forum to say what I felt at that time because there was no other way for me to say it once,” Monica told VIBE. “Had I been on radio, had I been interviewed, it would’ve been over and over again. That was just a quick way to say, ‘I know what’s taking place on the Web sites. I want you to know that I’m okay.’ But it really is a private matter. You just lose the privacy once you become an artist. So I’m not upset about it in any way.”

Prior to the announcement, rumors floated that Rocko had been cheating on the singer, 29, who said she was aware of all the hearsay and felt confused with what was happening.

“It was a situation I didn’t ask to be in, so to speak. Once something is put up on a Web site and things about your personal life are spread all around, it’s unfortunate,” said Monica. “I don’t even know specifically who they spoke to, but I do know that I never felt so… I guess the word would be confused more than anything else. If you go to sleep and you wake up and you see something for the first time, it’s a little scary, you know. I’m too grown now to go investigating leads. The reality is that I have to play my position as their mom and do what it is that’s best for me.”

My thoughts on this? After watching Monica's show I just could not understand their relationship. It seemed to me like they were together mainly because of their kids. To be on and off with someone for ten years? Oh My God! Like seriously Monica. And then to be engaged for five years? Do you see the signs? Cause I clearly see the (permanent) EXIT door, why don't you?

I have always loved Monica because not only is she a great singer but she is a very humble person and I think she deserves the best. Sorry Mon but Rocko does not cut it. Apart from your two beautiful sons, that's about it. Let go and let God!


What are your thoughts on this?




0 comments: